Weight Loss Surgery in Mexico at Mexicali Bariatric Center (MBC). We welcome Dr. Ungson & Dr. Wilhelmy to our team of bariatric surgeons. The most experienced bariatric team in Mexico.
MBC’s newest additions to the surgical team include two experienced certified bariatric surgeons. Both surgeons worked with Dr. Alberto Aceves in the past and as head surgeons they now work along side Dr. Aceves’ long time assistant surgeon, Dr. David Beltran. The MBC team continues to deliver the life changing long term results patients have come to expect from the center with over 10 years in existence providing only the best of care..
Pioneer in duodenal switch surgery , Dr. Gilberto Ungson, is the the most experienced duodenal switch surgeon in Mexico, with over 450 duodenal switch surgeries performed Dr. Ungson is the number choice for Duodenal Switch Surgery offering safety and an effective technique to ensure long term success. Dr Ungson has experience in Gastric Bypass, Sadi-S, wide range or revisión surgeries , Lap band and Gastric Sleeve.
Dr. Rodolfo Wilhelmy, certified bariatric surgeon and long term member of the American College of Surgeons is one of the leading bariatric surgeons in Mexico with over 18 years of experience and thousands of weight loss procedures performed.
Dr. David Beltran, bariatric surgeon was Dr. Alberto Aceves assistant surgeon for over 4 years and has collaborated in thousands of bariatric procedures and not only has inherited Dr. Aceves’ world known and sought after technique but also his visión and compassion.
Mexicali Bariatric Center is the most complete bariatric surgical center in Mexico offering all proven weight loss procedures. Results are consistently better than the industries averages never losing focus on safety . With these 2 new highly experienced surgeons MBC continues with their long time commitment of providing quality medical care in Mexico .
Dr. Gilberto Ungson Credentials
Director of the Obesity Surgery and Diabetes Clinic and head of the surgical staff. He is a board-certified general surgeon with Fellowship training in Digestive Surgery, Advanced Laparoscopy since 1991, and Bariatric Surgery since 1997.
A pioneer in the field of minimally invasive surgery in the state of Sonora, performing the first laparoscopic surgical procedures for diseases of the digestive system and abdominal wall.
As the first surgeon in the country to perform Duodenal Switch and Biliopancreatic Diversion procedures for weight loss, he is recognized as the leading national expert in this field.
Expert in laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery since 1997 and performing every surgical technique for weight loss since 2003, he is one of the leading surgeons in Mexico and Latin America.
He is one of the leading surgeons in Mexico and Latin America.
He has performed more than 1,500 bariatric surgical procedures, 200 of them being Revisions of previously failed operations.
More than 7000 laparoscopic surgical procedures.
Professor in many courses and professional meetings both nationally and internationally since 1993.
General Surgery Residency training
- IMSS Hermosillo, Cd. Obregon and Guadalajara 1979-1985
- Certified by the Mexican Board of General Surgery
Digestive Surgery Fellowship training
- IMSS C.M.O. Guadalajara, Mexico
- Training in Endoscopy of the Superior Digestive Tract, INCAN, Mexico City 1994
- Advanced Laparoscopy fellowship training in various countries with distinguished professors
- Bariatric Surgery training and CME in various countries and Centers of Excellence
- Professor of Bariatric and Laparoscopic surgery
- Director of the Obesity Surgery and Diabetes Clinic at CIMA Hospital Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico
- Former president of the Mexican College of Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery
- Member of the surgical staff of CIMA Hospital Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity (IFSO)
- Mexican College of Surgeons (AMCG)
- Mexican Society of Endoscopic Surgery (AMCE)
For more informations please visit us at: