The cost of weight loss surgery in Mexico may vary, depending on a variety of factors such as the type of bariatric surgery chosen and if the patient has already had a bariatric surgical procedure prior to the one being performed. Nonetheless, the cost of bariatric surgery in Mexico is often significantly less than in the United States. According to the National Institutes of Health, the average cost of weight loss surgery in the United States is between $20,000 and $25,000. As you will see below, the average cost of bariatric surgery in Mexico is about half that. That is why undergoing bariatric surgery in Mexico is quickly becoming a popular option for bariatric patients who want to undergo weight loss surgery but also want to get the most value for the cost.
If you are considering pursuing weight loss surgery in Mexico, review the following general information about the costs associated with bariatric surgery in Mexico. You may be pleased with what you find out!
General Costs Associated With Bariatric Surgery
The general costs associated with weight loss surgery with Dr. Alberto Aceves in Mexico include the cost of:
• Transportation to and from the airport if needed
• Required tests, including a preoperative chest X-ray, an electrocardiogram (EKG), complete blood chemistry test, anesthesiologist evaluation, cardiologist evaluation if needed, postoperative chest X-ray and leak tests
• When applicable, 1-2 night hotel stay prior to surgery
• Operating room
• Lap Band if applicable
• Hospital stay after surgery, which is usually five days for duodenal switch surgery and Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, 72 hours for gastric sleeve surgery and 48 hours for gastric banding surgery
• X-ray room needed for Lap Band fills (Dr. Aceves provides the actual fills for free for life.)
• Medication during your hospital stay and to take back home for use during the recovery period
Estimated Total Cost of Bariatric Surgery
The following costs are subject to change, again, depending on several factors, including those discussed above. However, here is a list of the estimated final cost of each type of bariatric surgery (in U.S. dollars) to help you get a ballpark idea of the cost of weight loss surgery in Mexico.
• Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: $11,000
• Gastric bypass after a prior bariatric surgery: $12,500
• Gastric sleeve: $8,750
• Gastric sleeve after Lap Band (includes band removal): $10,500
• Allergan / Inamed Lap-Band System and Johnson & Johnson Band: $6,500
• Lap Band after a prior bariatric surgery: $10,500
• Duodenal Switch: $13,000
• Revision to Duodenal Switch: $14,500
Patient undergoing weight loss surgery with Dr. Aceves may qualify for one of the financing options available. To schedule a consultation to learn more about the cost of weight loss surgery with Dr. Aceves and the available financing options, please contact Mexicali Bariatric Center by calling (888) 344-3916