Dr. Alberto Aceves no longer performing surgeries.
Our Mentor Dr. Alberto Aceves (1956-2014)
Dr. Alberto Aceves was a world-class weight loss surgeon specialized in Laparoscopic Bariatric Weight Loss Surgical Procedures such as: Gastric Sleeve(VSG), Gastric Bypass(RNY), Duodenal Switch, Revision, Lap Band and Revision surgeries.
Dr. Aceves proudly served thousands of patients from Mexico, United States, Canada and beyond by helping them face the challenge of changing their lives with a new figure and proper weight management through new and healthier eating habits, thus enjoying a long, healthy life.
Dr. Aceves and his staff got to know a patient's background and environment to find out the most convenient procedure according to each individual's age, health, weight, height, former and actual eating habits, activities and other important factors.
His philosophy went beyond performing surgeries, he also looked into helping people change their lives with profound care and compassion.
Rest in peace, Dr. Alberto Aceves, we will continue your legacy. Dr. Aceves was born on December 4th, 1956.
Academic achievements and training include:
• Medical School: Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara (1975-1981)
• Medical Degree: Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara (1981)
• General Surgery residence (training) at Mexicali General Hospital Mexicali, B.C., MEX. (1982-1986)
• Qualified General Surgeon (1986)
• Basic Laparoscopic training at Valley Lab Workshop at La Meza, AZ, USA (1980)
• Advanced Laparoscopic training Mexican Endoscopic Surgery Association (1995)
• Certification Lap-Band Instructor Dr. Mituko Belcheb & Dr. Armando Castillo (1998)
• Advanced Training Gastric Bypass RNY Surgery (2000)
• Advanced Laparoscopic Duodenal Switch Training (2010)
Dr. Aceves surgical procedures expertise report (until late 2013):
• Over 6000 laparascopic operations (since February '91)
• 1800 Vertical Gastrectomy procedures performed
• 500 Gastric Bypass procedures
• 50 Duodenal Switch Procedures
• 250 Revision surgeries
• 500 Hiatal Hernia operations
As well as thousands of Colon, Gall Bladder and Spleen surgeries performed
Memberships, Awards, Positions, Events...
• Former president for the Mexican Association for Bariatric Surgery
• Proctor for Johnson & Johnson Teaching the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy (VSG) Surgery
• Attendant to the 2011 Annual International Consensus Summit for Sleeve Gastrectomy
• Member of the 2013 Advanced Gastric Sleeve Consensus Meeting in Peru
Member of:• FACS (Fellow American College of Surgeons)
• ASMBS (American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery)
• IFSO (International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders)
• CMCOEM (Sociedad Mexicana de Cirugía para la Obesidad (Mexican Society of Obesity Surgery)
• AMCE (Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery)
• AMCG (Mexican Association of General Surgery)
• Colegio de Cirujanos Generales de Mexicali (General Surgeons College of Mexicali)
1998- Honor & Justice Committee
General Surgeons College of Mexicali
• Secretary 1994-1996
• President 1996-1998
Mexican Society of Bariatric Surgery
• Honor en Justice committee 2011- present
• Former President 2009-2011
• Vice President 2007 -2008
• Treasurer 2002-2003
Error : You must not have any spaces in your Teleport Key
Information contained in this website is provided for educational purposes only. It is imperative that you consult your own physician regarding the application of any opinions or information presented in this website or received in any e-mails from www.mexicalibariatric.com / Dr. Alberto Aceves. It is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional or in any way to be prescriptive. The author and website administrator has used sources believed to be reliable in efforts to provide information that is complete and generally in accord with the standards accepted at the time of publication. Medical knowledge changes rapidly. In lieu of the possibility of human error and changes in medical science, neither the author or website administrator, nor any party who is involved in the preparation or publication of these works or e-mails warrants that the information contained is in every respect accurate or complete, and they are not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information. Readers and website users are strongly encouraged to discuss and confirm the information contained in the website and e-mails with their own physician. People who use this website do so with the understanding that the author, publisher, website administrator, www.mexicalibariatric.com / Dr. Alberto Aceves, Weight Loss Team Inc., MBC, and any and all other contributors, shall have neither liability nor responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by the information contained in this website or the e-mails sent from www.mexicalibariatric.com. This is a site dedicated to medical tourism. This page discusses weight loss surgery in Mexico using the Gastric Sleeve, vertical sleeve surgery procedure.
http://webmedsolutions.com http://www.gastricsleevesurgeon.com Site Map