Dr. Antonio Esquerra
Trained under DS pioneer surgeon, Dr Gilberto Ungson and continues to work with him on various weight loss procedures.
- Dr Esquerra has performed over 1800 bariatric surgeries including 600 Duodenal Switch surgeries, 350 gastric bypass surgeries, 600 gastric sleeve surgeries and 250 revision surgeries.
- Obalon en Spatz -3 Intragastic Balloon certified.
• Training in General Surgery at the General Hospital of Culiacán.
• Advanced Laparoscopy fellowship training in Hospital Angeles Tijuana.
• Bariatric Surgery training in a Center of Excellence at CIMA Hospital Hermosillo.
• Chief Resident in general surgery training.
• Better academic performance during training in general surgery.
MEMBERSHIPS AND POSITIONS
• International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity (IFSO).
• Mexican College for Obesity Surgery and Metabolic Illnesses (CMCOEM)
• Mexican College of Surgeons (AMCG).
• Mexican Society of Endoscopic Surgery (AMCE).
• Bariatric Surgeon at Obesity Surgery Clinic of CIMA Hospital Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico
• Board-certified General Surgeon with Fellowship training in Advanced Laparoscopy.
• Graduate at the prestigious Autonomous University of Guadalajara in the Faculty of Medicine.
• Adjunct Professor of Bariatric and Laparoscopic surgery of the Obesity Surgery and Diabetes Clinic at CIMA Hospital Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico.
• Member of the surgical staff of CIMA Hospital Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico.