Right after your surgery, the focus will be to help your body heal faster and better. This may very well be one of the most transforming lifetime experiences you will live, if not the most!
Our team and experts are ready to help you through the transition and remind you that your efforts will bring you future REWARDS you might have never even imagined.
So, get yourself together, pick up your courage and set it to 110 percent, because REMEMBER:
You deserve it!
If you have already decided to go through surgery, clear liquids immediately after surgery are what your body needs to process to achieve the best results, we can’t stress enough how detrimental being disciplined and sticking to this first phase of four is.
Don’t think of it as starting a new diet, because, it isn’t. Rather than that, think of it as the oil you choose to add to your brand new car; you are setting the grounds for your car’s productive life. You want lasting results, therefore you add the one recommended by specialists, and don’t pour in anything else but that!
We guarantee lasting results, but your commitment is half that guarantee.
By lasting results, we don’t mean only weight loss: With over 15 years of experience, our success continues to be based on the most up to date research and professional specialists, and our successful patients our proof of it.
Every sphere of your life will improve and there is no limit to improvement, not only your physical body!
You can do this! Keep your focus on the following statement to help you continue: My dreams are possible realities.
Your surgeon will explain the four phases and give you a detailed plan to follow. You will also learn when you are ready for the next phase, and clear any doubts you may have.
Take a look at the general outline and tips of what the Clear Liquid Phase will look like, and don’t forget to check our other posts about nutrition and do’s and don’ts.
First off: No solid food whatsoever!!!
1) For the first 10 days following surgery, only clear liquids and a protein supplement should be consumed. Clear liquids consist of Jello, sugar-free Crystal light, water, and broth. A high-quality protein supplement should be used in order to obtain approximately 70 grams of protein per day.
2) Protein drinks need to be watery. Making them too dense might cause you nausea. Your stomach is very sensitive to the density of food and liquids after surgery.
3) No sugar, caffeine, or carbonated beverages should be consumed during phase 1 of the diet. These will cause unpleasant side effects and may also cause complications.
4) A total of 1 1/2 -2 quarts of liquid should be consumed to prevent dehydration. NEVER drink more than 60cc or 2 oz. in a 15-minute period. ALWAYS sip and NEVER gulp or drink quickly.
5) Keep track of your daily intake to make sure you get enough liquids and protein. If it is hot or humid outside and you are perspiring, you will need to increase the amount by 10%-20%.
6) Use this as a guideline to determine if you are drinking enough water: if your urine is dark or your mouth is dry, you are not drinking enough liquid. n
7) Some patients report that clear water is harder to drink. Water with lemon or lime juice or Crystal Light is ok.
Your commitment to your future you is the most precious light that will drive your success, and we are here to ride along with you all the way.